[solved] Credential Provider DummyCustomer subscription import error

Hey guys,

my privacyIDEA server is up and running and I would like to test the multifactor auth in Windows.
Unfortunately, when I try to import the “2022-12-31_Dummy.Customer_privacyIDEA-CP.sub” from Github, I get the following error message:
SubscriptionError('Verifying the signature of your subscription failed.', application=privacyIDEA-CP)

Is this still a valid method to test the Credential Provider or do I need to contact NetKnights directly?

Also, I may ask how is the signature verified? My server is behind an internal proxy if that could be an issue…

Thanks in advance

Have a nice day!

Hi and welcome to the privacyIDEA…
…community.

My guess is you installed privacyidea via pip?

Then you need to manually add the the file NetKnights.pem into your directory /etc/privacyidea/.

After that, importing the Credential Provider Demo Subscription should work out like a charme.
Regards
Cornelius

1 Like

Hi Cornelius,

thanks a lot, now it works as expected!

Best regards
Jens

1 Like

Hello Cornelius,

I am evaluating Privacyidea for windows logon. As @ Charburner experienced few years ago, I am getting the SubscriptionError(‘Verifying the signature of your subscription failed.’, application=privacyIDEA-CP) error.

My installation is quite different from the normal user. My deployment is docker based. So far everything works ok but loading the subscription file fails.

I have got the authenticator for windows and the dummy subscription file from this link

As you suggested on this post, I created the pem file NetKnights.pem inside /etc/privacyidea/ and as I am using docker, I mounted that route (among others) as a persistent volume in my setup.

Perhaps the .pem file is outdated and for that reason the action fails?

Any guidance on this matter would be appreciated.

Regards,

LB

This should be the correct file. Does the privacyIDEA process have access to that file? Running privacyIDEA in debug mode should give some more information in the logs.