PI-server with apache on different port?

Hi all !

have anyone of you tried hosting the server on a different port like for example 3443 but still using SSL? I configured apache to listen to 3443 and tried a couple of tests but to no success. I also tried the pam plugin with the parameter -u https://url:3443 and based on wireshark it does talk with the pi-server through 3443 but the sever is quite picky… She only wants Port 443…^.^ Oh well just sharing… :wink:

Regards,

As you can also run the server on localhost:5000 using pi-manage I am absolutely sure it runs on every other port, too.

Well you by no means describe the details problem you have. I hate those error reports. But this is just a personal feeling of mine.
My personal guess is (and I need to guess here), that you forgot to add your port to the ports.conf of apache.

your right, I forgot about this…-.- An idea the other day just pop up so i had to test different ports.

I was not trying to report an error report. I just wanted to share thoughts and experience with the system. Sorry if it caused an inconvenience.

Regards,

I was not trying to report an error report. I just wanted to share thoughts and experience with the system. Sorry if it caused an inconvenience.

OK, point taken. I am sorry overreacting.

In my experience it should be no problem. The privacyIDEA API and application can identify the sub path and also the port. I never experienced problems with it. So my wildest guess is something with the apache.
Some things got a bit more complicated (imho) there with version 2.4.

Kind regards
Cornelius