Issue with pam_privacyidea.so module and libcurl dependency

Hello,

I am trying to set up the pam_privacyidea.so module on an Ubuntu 20.04.6 LTS server to integrate privacyIDEA as a second-factor authentication for SSH login, after authenticating with OpenLDAP as the first factor.

I have compiled the pam_privacyidea.so module from the source code provided in the privacyIDEA repository, following the instructions in the README. However, when attempting to use the compiled module, I’m encountering the following error in the /var/log/auth.log:

Apr 22 18:44:52 privacyidea sshd[553733]: PAM unable to dlopen(/lib64/security/pam_privacyidea.so): /lib64/security/pam_privacyidea.so: undefined symbol: curl_easy_perform
Apr 22 18:44:52 privacyidea sshd[553733]: PAM adding faulty module: /lib64/security/pam_privacyidea.so

I have tried various approaches to resolve this issue, including:

• Updating the Makefile to include the required libcurl dependencies and library paths.
  • Ensuring that the libcurl development package (libcurl4-openssl-dev) is installed on the system.
  • Checking for conflicting libcurl versions and updating the library search paths in /etc/ld.so.conf.

Despite these efforts, the pam_privacyidea.so module still fails to load due to the missing curl_easy_perform symbol from the libcurl library.

I have followed the privacyIDEA documentation and configured the /etc/pam.d/sshd file to include the privacyidea-auth file, which references the pam_privacyidea.so module.

Could someone from the privacyIDEA community please assist me in resolving this issue? Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

How did you compile? Have you tried the binary that is downloadable from github?

Thanks for the response. I used g++ to compile the code within this repository, GitHub - privacyidea/privacyidea-pam: Module for Linux PAM stack to authenticate users against privacyIDEA

Is there another repository with the binary?

did you add -lcurl as linker option, like described in the readme?
The download is in the same repo: