Issue when upgrading to 3.2

when I upgrade to 3.2, PI seems to break. perhaps this is an apache issue? the only thing I see in the logs is this
: Apache/2.4.29 (Ubuntu) OpenSSL/1.1.1 mod_wsgi/4.5.17 Python/2.7 configured – resuming normal operations
[Mon Dec 16 13:51:50.006887 2019] [core:notice] [pid 1636:tid 139762872949696] AH00094: Command line: ‘/usr/sbin/apache2’
ImportError: No module named site

any thoughts?

Thanks a lot for your note.

The error depends on your installation method. So how did you install and upgrade privacyIDEA?
The Ubuntu packages we provide are now based on Python 3.
I.e. the package privacyidea is shipped with Python 3. But the package like privacyidea-apache2 would also update the necessary requirements.

But your message output sayys “mod_wsgi Python/2.7”.
So I am GUESSING you only have the privacyidea package installed and updated but not the necessary meta package privacyidea-apache2 which would also update the mod_wsgi for Python3.

Please help me in future not to be condemned to always guess. Thanks.

1 Like

I have a vanilla install of ubuntu, only used for privacy idea. I installed PI using the ubuntu packages, and used apt-get update/upgrade to upgrade the packages.
I saw that privacyidea-apache2 was included and installed.

i was mistaken…im get The following packages have been kept back:
privacyidea-apache2

Here we go: You always need to do an apt dist-upgrade. A apt update will not install the new dependencies!

thanks for tip! I’m still very new when it comes to linux! thanks again for the help and pointing me in the right direction

1 Like