Helpers.lib'. is not a valid Win32 application

I am trying to compile credential provider. Tried different versions (2.5.2 2.5.1 and 2.5.0), and as they all fail, I opened an issue on github.

I would be very pleased, if someone could share some information, on how to solve the follwowing:

3>resources.rc(11): fatal error RC1015: cannot open include file ‘include’.
3>
4>CCredential.cpp
3>Done building project “CredentialProviderFilter.vcxproj” – FAILED.

5>C:\Users\username\source\repos\privacyidea-credential-provider-2.5.2\WiXSetup\Product.wxs(59,0): error LGHT0103: The system cannot find the file ‘C:\Users\Nils\Desktop\privacyidea-credentialprovider-git2\icon.ico’.
5>C:\Users\username\source\repos\privacyidea-credential-provider-2.5.2\WiXSetup\Product.wxs(245,0): error LGHT0103: The system cannot find the file ‘C:\Users\username\source\repos\privacyidea-credential-provider-2.5.2\CredentialProviderFilter\bin\Win32\Debug\CredentialProviderFilter.dll’.
5>Done building project “WiXSetup.wixproj” – FAILED.
5>
========== Build: 3 succeeded, 2 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

MS VS2019 Debugger saying: Unable to start program
‘C:\users\username\source\repos\privacyidea-credential-provider-2.5.2\helpers\bin\Win32\Debug\Helpers.lib’.
‘C:\users\username\source\repos\privacyidea-credential-provider-2.5.2\helpers\bin\Win32\Debug\Helpers.lib’. is not a valid Win32 application.

I checked if that file exists in location mentioned above, and it does. Any help would be very appreciated