FreeRADIUS 3.0.15+ perl plugin support

Hi Cornelius, firstly, thanks for great software!
My question is regarding the freeradius perl module support. I have found your manual:
https://www.privacyidea.org/two-factor-authentication-with-otp-on-centos-7/
and it works on Ubuntu 16.04 as well. I have build and distributed freeradius 3.0.15 via Launchpad repo, but when installing privacyidea-radius plugin, I have to ignore some installation errors in my Ansible role in order to be able to use it. The module folder has changed, I have to move files after installation, and the plugin also try to rm content of the ‘/etc/freeradius/sites-enabled/*’ directory in post install script.

My question is only whether you plan to update the perl plugin and release it someday for the freeradius >3 version.

Thanks for your time,
Peter

Hi Peter,

yes. One day. :wink:

If you would provide your approach this could be used as a starting point!

Kind regards
Cornelius

Cornelius,
I just finished implementing an upgrade from Freeradius 2.2.8 to Freeradius 3.0.15+ on Ubuntu 16.04. Would the steps I followed and config files be useful to you?

The instructions linked in the above post were quite helpful in the process.

1 Like

This would be great if you could share this somehow.
You could simply start by adding this to your own blog, if you have something like this.

Or we could add a tag like “howto” here in the forum and you could start by writing a small howto here.

Thanks a lot
Cornelius

It’s fairly simple, exclusively command-line, so a HowTo here would be fine for me.

cool. I added a category