Change iPhone - Problem with IOS App

After changing iPhone the App starts always with the following error. Deleting and reinstalling the app dosen’t work. After that i can see the old token before the error appear but have no chance to delete it.

Regards
Markus

Error:
Invalid argument(s): Can not send request because the argument [parameters] contains a null values at entries [signature], this is not permitted.

Stack trace:
#0 doGet (package:privacyidea_authenticator/utils/network_utils.dart:101)
#1 _MainScreenState._pollForRequests (package:privacyidea_authenticator/screens/main_screen.dart:212)

Device parameters:
model: iPhone
isPhysicalDevice: true
name: iPhone 13 Pro Max
identifierForVendor: FE3BD805-4849-4DBA-8DB1-E88399DDFE36
localizedModel: iPhone
systemName: iOS
utsnameVersion: Darwin Kernel Version 21.2.0: Sun Nov 28 20:43:39 PST 2021; root:xnu-8019.62.2~1/RELEASE_ARM64_T8110
utsnameRelease: 21.2.0
utsnameMachine: iPhone14,3
utsnameNodename: iPhone-13-Pro-Max
utsnameSysname: Darwin

Application parameters:
environment: release
version: 3.1.5
appName: null
buildNumber: 0301005
packageName: privacyidea.authenticator

In my understanding you should delete the app data, since tokens can not be transferred between phones.

Hi, I think this is the problem. When setting up a new phone and using Apple’s “migration feature”, something gets copied to the new phone and I don’t know how to delete it. If I remove the whole app, it obviously doesn’t delete everything.

BR

There is actually data in your keychain, which may cause problems during this probably not supported “migration feature”.

You could try to delete the app from general->iphone storage-> privacyIDEA authenticator.

Why is it a bad idea to use the migration feature? (Which I did not know)

What happens to your old iphone? Are you sure all data is whiped from that?
From an enterprise perspective the administrator does not want to allow users to migrate token data from one phone to another phone. This would actually mean copying the 2nd factor, which in itself should be unique.

Having said this, it is always security wise a bad idea to migrate token data.

Hi,

This dosen’t work. When Installing the app again from the app store, the token shows up again.

But I solved the problem now. You have to be quick, deleting the old token between the error messages. Then you can enroll a new token.

BR
Markus

1 Like

Added an issue on github for this.